Monday, February 20, 2006

Night Walks

Steve is always wanting to go for a walk in the evening when the hustle and bustle of the day is over. To tell you the truth, most of the time I'm in the mood to put my feet up and watch something or other on Japanese tv.
Well, yesterday was a lazy day, so when he asked to go out for a stroll in the evening, I was ready to go. It was about 10 degrees, a beautiful night, and everything was pretty quiet. We checked out a temple near us that we hadn't seen yet, and then headed off in a new direction on one of our favourite hiking trails. It was so peaceful up there, quiet and no one else was out. It was dark, but not too dark due to all the light pollution from the cities around. We had a great time, and I think Steve felt satisfied when the walk was over. (I didn't feel too bad either).
He shared with me the criteria for a good walk, and I thought you would be interested to know his exercise regime. They are:
1. Go somewhere new. It should be an adventure!
2. Go somewhere quiet. It helps you clear your brain.
3. You should feel a little bit tired when you get home, like you've actually been out getting some fresh air.
What are your criteria for a good walk/work out session?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad for your good walk. Never thought of my own critera before. But i have to say you missed a funny show on channel eight, unless you were back before it came on and saw it -if thats the case you didn't miss it. laughter is good.

Lisa said...

Steve, you missed the most important criteria....going with the one you love. Brownie points.