Saturday, April 15, 2006

Updates

So I've been trying to put up more pictures of Himeji Castle, Lisa's visit, and now our cousin Marlo's visit for two weeks now, but every time I try a new post with photos I get all kinds of error messages and the computer craps out on me. I'm not sure if it's the blogger software, which isn't exactly bug-free, or this Japanese computer which seems to have some trouble interacting with English language stuff on the internet. Anyhow, more pictures will come as soon as I can get them on here.

In the mean time, Marlo Hoeppner (a name not to be confused with "hundred" - as in the original Million Dollar Man, Nathan Hundred who is worth as much as five Hoeppners) cut her trip to Australia a little short on account of a couple o' hurricanes and swung by our part of the globe. It's good to have family here.

Speaking of family and Hoeppners, we just had a webcam conference call with the Manitoba Hoeppners, who were having their Easter buffet today. Easter is not celebrated in Japan at all. Some Christians eat hard-boiled eggs, but that's it. I'm not sure what hard-boiled eggs have to do with Jesus Christ, whether you're in Canada or Japan, but what the heck. It's never a bad idea to eat another egg.

On Monday we're either going to hike up a local mountain or go to the Osaka Aquarium, depending on the whether. We'll let y'know how it all pans out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys, so good to hear ya'll are doing great. keep blogging, eh?

Anonymous said...

russ peters reporting from winkler, manitoba. oops. i forgot to say that