Can you explain the pictures between Liz and the sweet wee girl - what are they? Theey are all quite lovely photos, by the way, and the last two are so typically Japanese in terms of the landscape...contrast that w/ my "prairie view"!
The pot of incense is at a Buddhist temple. I forget what role it plays, but people breathe it in as/before they pray. Something to do with good luck, I think (most Buddhist prayers in Japan are about good luck, it seems).
The big grey cone of sand (it's not concrete) was a pretty interesting feature of a Zen Buddhist temple. I don't know it's role, but Zen Buddhists do landscaping/gardening as focal points for meditation, so it's probably connected to that.
3 comments:
Wow! Color is NOT taken for granted in the Japanese culture! That little girl is absolutely adorable!
Can you explain the pictures between Liz and the sweet wee girl - what are they?
Theey are all quite lovely photos, by the way, and the last two are so typically Japanese in terms of the landscape...contrast that w/ my "prairie view"!
The pot of incense is at a Buddhist temple. I forget what role it plays, but people breathe it in as/before they pray. Something to do with good luck, I think (most Buddhist prayers in Japan are about good luck, it seems).
The big grey cone of sand (it's not concrete) was a pretty interesting feature of a Zen Buddhist temple. I don't know it's role, but Zen Buddhists do landscaping/gardening as focal points for meditation, so it's probably connected to that.
Post a Comment