Thursday, May 14, 2009

Teething Whine

This post is for the sole purpose of whining. If you're not feeling sympathetic, oh well.
Ethan has cut his first 8 teeth in the last 6 weeks. Yes, that's 8 teeth in 6 weeks. And it has not been a walk in the park. He has had his fair share of Infants' Tylenol and we have all had our fair share of interrupted sleep. And it gets better! His four canines are white and bulging under the gums. Most kids get these between 16-22 months. But not Ethan. I think he may be trying to set a record here, and I don't like it.
Please feel free to share comments along the lines of, "Boy, that's tough. You must be the best mom ever!" or "Man, you've got it really bad." I don't want to hear anything like, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I hate that one.

4 comments:

Wenona said...

Well, I will sympathize with you - only so that once Koen decides to START getting any teeth, you can lend an ear to my struggles! lol.
I sure hope that he can get through these eye teeth as quickly as possible. Sorry about the sleepless nights - poor guy - and poor you!

The Doells said...

ooooh tiff!!! i do feel so bad for you...
i hate teething! spending all of these sleepless, tylenol filled, crying, stressful nights only to have all of those hard earned teeth start falling out in 6 short years...

(sorry... don't cry)

The Stiffs said...

Oooo, that's a bad way of looking at it! All of that hard work for NOTHING?
Just kidding! And hopefully everyone knows that I was feeling fairly sarcastic when I wrote this post. I don't feel THAT sorry for myself. Ok, just a little. ;)

Lise said...

"Boy, that's tough!"
"You must be the best mom ever!"
"Man, you've got it really bad!"

(seriously though, I do feel bad for you. PTL for Tylenol. Hang in there.)