A train! What (almost) 2 year-old boy doesn't love himself a big train?
Digging and playing in the gravel pit with diggers and 'woaders' and stuff.
Good Morning Y'all.
#1
Have had such a throbbing headache for the last 24 hours (and sucky attitude) that when I woke up at 4am and couldn't sleep, I decided to try coffee. That's less of a drug than Tylenol while pregnant, right? (*sheepish smile*) I have low blood pressure that sometimes causes headaches (especially in pregnancy), and caffeine or a good old dose of salt almost always solves the problem.
#2
Will we ever find a boy name that we love for this baby?? I'm thinking of joining Crystal's-camp-of-crazy-baby-names, just so we have something.
Another thought: maybe we should just drive to Baby Moon, pay for an ultrasound to determine gender, and then we could eliminate 50% of the baby-naming stress. Although, I think we are pretty settled on girls' names, so that would only help if it's a girl.....(pink and pretty and bows and shoes and cutesy would be so fun!!) I do have a sneaking feeling that we are adding to the male population though, and if I'm right, he'll need a name.
#3
We're building a garage! Woot! Later today we will be marking out the location for the cement pad and after that - STAND BACK! This reminds me that I should take our camera off the shelf and take a 'before' picture to document this thing a little bit. After all, it's our first real project on this house.
Aside: We were watching House Hunters International yesterday about vacation homes in Thailand, and when it was over, we both decided that we love our house. It's cozy and perfect for us right now. And I'm so looking forward to having another baby in here, imagining us all playing and giggling and loving in this house. (I don't daydream about the times when the toddler throws a tantrum about his egg sandwich, however. But, that's another post that we won't get in to today).
#4
I'm changing the lone bedroom on the main floor from what used to be our office into a playroom. When we moved here, Steve was doing most of his school prep at home, but that's changed and we weren't using an office much anymore. And, our living room is small. And the toys! And one day I had a brainwave to turn that room into a kid room. The baseboards and closet doors are out and painting prep is underway. Painting will happen this week. I just need to decide what colour it's going to be.....
Lately, my decorating mantra has been, "Have more fun!" and so we've got 2 red chairs with colourful seats, and a teal buffet. I'm not sure if I should go 'safe' with the playroom, or just "Have more fun!". What would you do?

8 comments:
It's a playroom. Go with 'have more fun' :)
"crazy baby name" whaaaat?
Heather, any 'fun' suggestions? This whole project has me second-guessing and going crazy!! The only things I have for the room are a teal chair and some birch coloured shelving.
Crystal, Sparkles isn't crazy? Sorry, didn't know you were being serious! ;)
fun fun fun fun fun
So glad to see you back, Tiff! Beautiful baby bump! I'm a few weeks behind you, with a little one due at Christmas.
playrooms are awesome, so they have to be super fun and colorful. you go girl!
Hmm. Teal, red, birch shelving ... How do you feel about something in the yellow family?
I've never been a fan of yellow, but I have thought it would be nice to have something that feels really bright and cheerful, esp considering the length of the winter here and the fact that it's a play room. Right now I'm leaning toward a neutral wall colour.....tomorrow morning we paint, so I decide within the next 12 hours!
Post a Comment