Wednesday, May 14, 2008

All Things P.J.

Here is the picture as promised. Unfortunately it happened on Wednesday, not the weekend as promised! Here we are at 25.5 weeks. Not the best picture, but it will have to do. Things are going well. I have had lots of energy this week. Heck, I don't think I've had a nap since the weekend. That's pretty good!! Also, Steve and I were just relaxing today when Peej started kicking like crazy. We just watched him/her bounce around in there. We could see those little legs kicking over and over from the outside of my stomach! It was exciting and very cute. I was telling a co-worker that I only have 14.5 weeks left, and then I started thinking about it, and the reality of it hit me once again. We will be holding this baby in no time at all! I got a letter in the mail about prenatal classes which start on June 2nd. It feels good to know that everything is coming together.

Here is our small but growing pile of things for P.J. I sewed the two blankets in the background (one has blue print with blue & white striped backing, the other has yellow print with yellow checked backing), 5 white newborn onesies, 2 "sleep sacks" and 3 long sleeved onsies. There are also some nice soft cotton washcloths. The pile is slowly getting bigger, and I've washed it all in Ivory Snow laundry detergent, which makes it smell so delicious, just like a baby! A thoughtful friend gave us a gift bag with some of this stuff in it on the weekend. I was so excited, it made me cry! I guess that's no different than every other thing in life right now. I told Steve that I would probably have to start eating salty foods just to replenish all the salt I am losing in tears!
Well, that's it for now. I think I might meander over and see if I can make some ice cream magically appear in a bowl.....

0 comments: