Dear P.J.
We are 24.5 weeks and going strong. It is amazing to me how the weeks fly by. Soon we will be in the last stages, just waiting to meet you, or so it feels.
Right now more than focusing on the life change that having you on the outside will bring, I have been curious. I want to know you. I want to know the colour of your hair and the smell of your skin. I want to see your nose, is it turned up like mine, or does it look like daddy's? I REALLY want to know if you are a bagel or a baguette!
You sure have seemed hungry for a few things in particular lately. Anything Asian or spicy (and it seems that the spicier, the better) fits the bill nicely. :) Daddy made Schezuan chicken kebobs for supper tonight on our new BBQ, and I gobbled them up. Shortly afterwards, you were kicking and wiggling like crazy. I take it that you liked them! Daddy was glad that you liked his cooking as much as I did.
Your home (my belly) continues to expand, and makes things like cuddling up with Dad during a movie on the couch and tornado drills at school where I have to sit against the wall with my head tucked inbetween my knees pretty difficult gymnastics moves.
Some of the kids at school have figured out that you are on board, and some of their comments have made me giggle. One of the girls found out about me being pregnant with you, and she said, "Well, I kind of figured." I asked her why she knew, and she simply said, "Well, you're just getting a little fat." Don't worry P.J., I didn't take it too personally, after all, she is only a kindergartener.
We picked up your crib from A&L this week. They love you too, so they offered to lend us the crib that the Jester used until now. We are planning to paint your room in the near future, so the crib is still sitting upstairs in pieces, but it's here! I can't wait to get it all ready for you. I go into that room just to look and imagine and smile almost every night before I go to bed. I can't wait to sit in the grandma's old glider with you, put you in the crib and change your diaper on our "I'm-crazy-$6-dresser" from the thrift store. (that dresser is another story!)
You've given some nice big kicks since my last letter, even when Daddy and other people were around to feel them, so thanks. It's nice to have someone else feel the reality of you moving around in here other than just me, because it is just so cool.
I guess that's all for now. We love you so much Peej. Keep growing and kicking and getting ready to meet us out here in this wonderful world, ok?
Love,
Momma
PS The Monwicks have requested an updated picture. We will take that this weekend, so stay tuned......
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Happy Birthday, Tiff! Since we can't feel the kicks right now, it's nice to read how you are doing and what you are thinking about.
Continued blessings and prayers from us...
Post a Comment