Monday, July 21, 2008

35 Weeks!

How often can you take your belly progress photo in the Fort Garry Hotel??? Enjoy the change of scenery!
Dear P.J.,
I can feel that the end is drawing nigh. This transition into motherhood is so interesting, pregnancy is becoming more uncomfortable and I am looking forward to it being over. Can I say that? *Can you tell I wrote this while I was lying awake at 5am after a day when my body just felt tired? I have had 2 much better days since then, so I don't feel this way all the time!*
I am also thinking more about meeting you and seeing you. For some reason I can’t wait to look at your feet, they will not have ugly bunions like mine, they will be new and perfect. I wonder if you will have the infamous long second toe of the Hoeppner’s, or even scarier, the “Reynolds head” (they have big heads). It’s silly, I know! And of course, I can’t wait to look into your face and hear you cry.
The midwife has confirmed that you are head-down, and although I was measuring a little small a month ago, everything is caught up and we were measuring 35 cm at 34 weeks, 5 days. Right on track!
I finished recovering the chair for your room this last week. That was very exciting!! I kept looking at it while I was sewing, saying to myself, “I did that!” in utter amazement, as I am not very experienced on the sewing machine. Only a few more pieces have to come together before your room will be totally ready and we can show it off here. Almost everything we have was given to us, or bought second hand which gives your space so much character and fills it with love.
Daddy and I just got away for a couple of days to Winnipeg to celebrate our 4th anniversary. It was a great little getaway. We took in the Winnipeg Art Gallery, a huge antiques warehouse in the Exchange District and we stayed in the Fort Garry Hotel. We did not keep up the tradition of eating at McDonald’s, which we did the last two years when we were in Japan. Instead we went to Mongo’s Grill, a big create-your-own stir-fry place. It was loud and busy and not exactly what we had expected, but fun nonetheless. We did talk about going through the Golden Arches drive-through for ice cream, but we decided to order some chocolate ice cream when we got back to the hotel. We had tea, cookies and homemade chocolate ice cream delivered to our room on a silver platter. I had never ordered room service before, but eating ice cream like that in a king size feather bed is divine!
Summer holidays have been very relaxing and as I expected, there has not been a single moment of boredom. I am accomplishing the tasks I had set out to do, but there are more things to look after in the next 4 weeks. I have been very at peace and just enjoying how everything is falling into place for your arrival.
We love you so much and are so glad that we are getting closer and closer, we are waiting with great anticipation!
Love you babe.
Mama

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey Tiff... I came across your blog a couple weeks ago, and have enjoyed reading some of your updates. It's always fun to catch up on life with people I haven't seen in a long time. Looks like I found you at an exciting time in life... :)
Random little note... I met your sister-in-law Monica last month when I happened to be at the school where they live. I had heard that they lived in Lancaster, b/c I have friends that attend the same church, but hadn't ever run into them. It's a small world...

Christine said...

Tiff, you are looking amazing! Glad you were able to enjoy your fourth anniversary in style!