Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Back in the Saddle

After 3 glorious, long weeks of Steve on holidays, we are back to the daily grind. I was really anxious to get back to some form of routine and normalcy, but it only took 1.5 days to feel bored. Boo hoo for me, right? I know I am talking to a lot of people who only had a few days off during the holidays, so there may not be a whole lot of sympathy out there. And that's alright. I'll stop whining now.
So considering the fact that I was bored and we had VERY little food in the house, I went out in search of something for dinner. I walked to the local grocery store and wandered the aisles until something popped off the shelf at me. It was the ingredients for lasagne. The checker at the store was surprised that I had braved the weather today. I could have said, "If you had been at the Winnipeg airport the other day when it was minus A BILLIONx3, you would think this was practically tropical too!" but I didn't.
We spent the first week of holidays on Ethan's first road trip. We met some family down in Wisconsin Dells. We stayed in a hotel with a pool and the kids had a blast. Ethan got to meet 4/5 of his cousins on the trip. We had a great time and Ethan was a STAR traveller. He was so relaxed while we drove, he probably only spent about 30 minutes out of a 20ish hour trip crying. I was glad that he did so well.
We arrived home safely after a day of crappy roads and Steve feeling a little green around the gills. Thanks a lot, Arby's.
Soon after arriving home Uncle Monkey and Auntie M were here to celebrate Christmas. We hung out for a whole week. It was a good time, and once again, the Stiff gingerbread house won the build-off, even though it needed a little bit of structural support. It was worth a few laughs. :) (Pictures to come soon.)
New Year's was fun, but fairly low key. The highlight for me was whoppin' Chris's butt at Wii boxing. I think I'm a little bit too competitive for my own good....
We also managed a short visit with Steve's parents who stopped in the city for a night on their way back home from ON. We ate at an amazing German restaurant where we enjoyed the schnitzel platter. It doesn't get much better than that! We had our own mini Christmas with them, and they got some E-time. It was a nice ending to our planned activities during the holidays.
This is the best I could do as far as an update. We got heck at our extended family gathering for not updating more often, but alas, there is more to life these days than blogging.
I'll post some 4 month photos and possibly some pictures from Christmas next time I come around. Happy New Year!

0 comments: