Tuesday, June 03, 2008

28 weeks


Dear P.J.,
Welcome to the third trimester! Can you believe we are less than 12 weeks away?? I guess you could decide to come earlier or later at your convenience, but thinking about holding you in 10 weeks makes my head spin (in a good way, don't worry!).
Mama is feeling good these days, a little short of breath sometimes, but I guess that's what happens when you room together in such a small space.
Lately you've been hungry for hot dogs and cherry ice cream, and that has been going down well. There has been a tiny bit of heartburn off and on recently, but that wouldn't stop me from satisfying the cravings for a hot dog. I don't think anyone would've guessed that tube steaks, the king of fast food, would ever be #1 on the charts for me, but pregnancy does funny things to a person.
I am glad to report that I have 3.5 weeks of work left, and then I am hoping to have some time to do a few DIY projects and get everything ready for your arrival. The ideas floating around in my brain for your room are starting to solidify and I am excited to order some fabric so I can get started on re-finishing some of the stuff we have for you. I guess I posted about cleaning out the nursery a little prematurely a few weeks ago because Auntie Heather said she was checking in everyday to see the "after" pictures! Not so fast cowboy! Design for me is a slow process, or else it just isn't quite right. I need lots of time to mull it over. and over. and over. Ok, call me obsessive!
Daddy and I took our first pre-natal class last night. It was funny to look around the room at all the people I know who are having their own "P.J.". I have done a lot of reading and questioning and discussing about pregnancy and parenthood, so most of it was review, but it was still good. It's neat to know all the information about weekly development and how all the "stuff" of this miracle called life works. Going to the classes with him made me realize again how much I love your dad. I know you will too. He is also VERY excited to meet you, in fact he is ready for the 'incubation' period to be over, he just wants to hold you and meet you. Me too, but another 12 weeks sounds just about right!
Daddy is learning how to build stuff at his new construction job, which we are very thankful for. It beats frying burgers at a golf club, that's for sure!
Well, I am weary tonight. Too many vivid dreams and racing thoughts have kept me awake lately. Let's go have a good night's rest.
We love you Peej.
Mama
PS Could you kick me in the left rib once in awhile, just for some variation?? If not, I understand that the quarters are cramped.

2 comments:

Jeff and Melissa said...

hey tiff... i meants what i saids on sunday, you are so cute! i showed my momma your pic here and turns out we are 2nd cousins! did you know that??? something to do with your gramma and my grampa are brother and sister, or something strange...

oh to live in wink city! hahaha!

The Stiffs said...

I think I did know that....somewhere in the back of my brain. You're right, life in a small town is funny.