Saturday, June 21, 2008

31 Weeks!



*I posted the second one because the lighting is better, it's not blurry, and I was workin' the camera. Enjoy!*
Last night I had a dream that you were born (a girl!) and that we hadn't agreed on a name right away (can you tell that baby names are on the brain??). Steve was calling his mom to tell her about the baby and he said, "Her name is Chase Gary!" I hadn't heard anything about the name Chase Gary (Gary as a girl's middle name, who would've thunk it? Just writing it down makes me laugh). I took great exception to the fact that he had decided on a name without consulting me, so I called his mom back to tell her that our daughter's name was NOT Chase Gary, and that we would get back to her. *Since I wrote this, I have learned that Chase is sometimes used as a girl's name. Who knew???*
With all that strangeness aside, the name list is getting shorter, I think. Maybe. In my complicated 'baby names' brain, I want it to be just right, so that means milling it over a bunch. The good news is that a deadline approaches, and we (read 'I', as this whole thing isn't nearly as complicated for Steve) will eventually have to settle.
My list of things "to do or get" continues to be longish, but it will all come together in the end, like things always do. Work is over on Friday at 10am, and I think a WOOHOO! begins to express how I feel about that. Not working will also free up time to stroke things off of the list. I LOVE stroking things off of a list, it is one of the more satisfying things in life!
We have finally experienced some summer heat here this week which has made me realize that owning one skirt and no other maternity shorts or such may need to be remedied. This spring has been quite cool, so long sleeves and pants have been the order of the day so far.
My sleeping patterns have definitely changed. It is not uncommon for me to wake up around 5:30 these days, and if I sleep that long I feel ok about the amount of sleep I got. I used to get mad if I woke up before any number that started with 7! I guess this is just adjustment time, and I consider it training for getting up a lot more than I am used to when the baby arrives. I actually find the early morning quite nice, I come downstairs, the sun is coming up and the birds are singing, I get a drink and cruise around on the computer or drift in and out of sleep on the couch. It's not all bad, until 5 pm when I hit a major slump, but that can be overcome by keeping busy.
Otherwise, life is good. I have been so thankful this week for this life inside me and all the little things that are good in life. I am so glad to be alive, life feels peaceful to me. I am weepy these days when I see a newborn or small baby, I am beginning to feel more anticipation at the thought of meeting our own little one. I can't wait to see what you look like P.J.!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Gary would be kind of cute for a girl's name. But if you're gonna stick around these parts, I think I would go with Geraldina and then you could call her Gary for short.

Christine said...

Not sure if you have made it over to my blog lately, but I am expecting as well. I am 12 weeks along. I have been having funny pregnancy dreams since I found out that I was pregnant. No name dreams yet, but I am sure they will be coming yet.

Lise said...

hey steve, i could pick up an old fashioned pair of austrailian shorts for you if you want. I'm going there soon.

Jeff and Melissa said...

cute, cute!

and chase is a beauty of a girls name, don't know about gary though... that's a tuffy!